Down Payment and Closing Cost Assistance Loan
Our down payment assistance program can help you reach your goal of homeownership.
Zero percent interest and 5-year forgivable loans
Down Payment Assistance loans require no monthly payments
||St. Louis County
||City of Florissant
||St. Charles County
||City of O'Fallon
BEYOND HOUSING DOES NOT HAVE DPA FUNDS FOR PURCHASES IN THE CITY OF ST. LOUIS
This page will be updated with the most current information on funding availability.
MAXIMUM HOUSEHOLD GROSS INCOME LIMITS (Effective through June 14, 2023)
|Household Income Limit
MAXIMUM SALES PRICE LIMITS (Effective through May 31, 2023)
||Existing Home Limit
||New Construction Home Limit
|St. Louis County
|St. Charles County
- Contact your lender and realtor to forward file items including your sales contract. File Checklist
- Complete Home Buyers Training (classroom or on-line). Learn More
- Complete one-on-one counseling session.
- Work with the Beyond Housing Lending team to receive your approval letter, process your file and close on your client's home!
*Please Note: Anyone interested in obtaining down payment assistance must have completed the Home Buyer’s Training and one-on-one counseling session at least 10 business days before closing. Course completion does NOT guarantee assistance.
- Must be a first time homeowner. (See definitions section below)
- Must complete homebuyer education and one-on-one counseling with “Homeownership Ready” status. > Register here
- Buyers must spend at least $1000 of their own funds in the home purchase.
- Gross household income from all household members and all income sources (including child support, disability, retirement, etc.) must not exceed 80% median income. (See definitions section below)
- Must have secured a fixed rate mortgage on the purchased home.
HOW DOES THE PROGRAM WORK?
- Our program is designed to educate, counsel, advocate, and assist home buyers with the home buying process. We do this by providing home buyer education that covers the benefits of homeownership, credit, lending practices, home inspections, and more. Our counselors assist with credit building, budgeting, and savings plans. Our lending department is there to facilitate down payment and closing cost assistance and be an advocate for our clients throughout the home buying process.
HOW DO I QUALIFY?
- A representative from our lending department will determine whether or not you qualify for assistance.
- To get started with a Down Payment and Closing Cost Assistance loan application, please email a copy of your fully executed sales contract to email@example.com. A member of the lending team will reply with next steps.
- Review the full checklist of needed documents to apply for the Down Payment and Closing Cost Assistance loan.
- Create your secure Beyond Housing account and select the Down Payment Assistance loan from the list of available services.
- Upload the documents needed to apply for the Down Payment Assistance loan to your secure Beyond Housing account.
WHO IS A FIRST TIME HOME BUYER?
- A first time home buyer is someone who has not owned a home in the past three years or has lost a home due to divorce and has legal custody of minor children.
- Most, but not all programs and jurisdictions, have this requirement.
- St. Charles County does NOT have this restriction, with the exception of the City of O’Fallon where the first time home buyer restriction does apply.
- Note: Married individuals that are legally separated must provide a legal separation agreement. In the absence of such an agreement, both spouses must qualify as a first time home buyer.
HOW DO I KNOW I AM HOMEOWNERSHIP READY?
- This is determined in your one-on-one counseling session. Your status can be verified with your counselor.
HOW DO I KNOW IF FUNDS ARE AVAILABLE IN THE AREA I AM BUYING?
CAN I USE DOWN PAYMENT ASSISTANCE WITH MISSOURI HOUSING DEVELOPMENT COMMISSION (MHDC)?
- Yes, our lending department can provide you with more detailed information.
HOW MUCH DOWN PAYMENT AND CLOSING COST ASSISTANCE CAN I QUALIFY FOR?
ARE THERE CERTAIN LENDERS AND REALTORS THAT I MUST WORK WITH?
- We work with all lenders and realtors and offer monthly training sessions to assist in understanding how the program works and what is required.
- Lenders and realtors interested in our training session should email Jacqueline Curlee at firstname.lastname@example.org
Title companies are welcome to have certified title agents join our team. Agents must be trained in order to become a certified title agent with Beyond Housing. Please email Jacqueline Curlee at email@example.com for more information.